Motive os alunos
Class spirit and incentives
- Keep a poster up that celebrates students who have mastered 10 mission-level skills, 20 mission-level skills, etc.
- Throw a pizza party when everyone has reached 50% mission completion.
- Encourage healthy competition between classes by seeing which class has made the most mission progress as a group. (See the video below for one example of inter-class competition, and download her “Khantest” poster here!)
- At an end-of-year celebration, give out certificates to students who completed their missions.
- Hold a "rocket run" : Divide the class into teams. Project the Real Time report. Give one team three minutes to earn as many energy points as possible while other teams watch. Repeat for all teams. The team with the most points wins. (Thanks to teachers in the Los Altos School District for this idea!)Idaho teacher Julianne Russell explains how she motivates her students using "Khantests"
- Growth Mindset Lesson Plan
This plan was created as a collaboration between Khan Academy & PERTS, Stanford's research center on academic mindsets. It includes activities, videos, and links to helpful resources. Feel free to adapt and edit the activities provided to meet the needs of your students!
- MindsetKit by PERTS
This website houses a variety of resources for teachers to use with their students, including videos, articles, activities, and more.
- Reward your students for using Khan Academy! Use the form fields in the certificate pack is available to customize the award title, student name, and description below. A few examples of potential award titles and descriptions are below:
- Mission Captain: This certificate is for the student who has completed the most of their Khan Academy mission this semester. Your determination, hard work, and math skills are out of this world. Keep your game up!
- Master Challenger: This certificate is awarded to the student who has mastered the most skills on Khan Academy. Your determination and hard work are out of this world. Keep your game up!
- The Grand Tutor: This certificate is awarded to the student who has been an outstanding peer tutor. Thank you for your hard work and generosity. Your peers and I appreciate all of your help!