Using Khan Academy’s SAT Essay Practice
SAT Essay Practice on Khan Academy
The Prewriting Area
- Start by drafting a Thesis Statement or “Claim.”
- Then, add in ideas and examples from the text that support your thesis.
- Create categories that correspond to the reasoning, evidence, or stylistic or persuasive elements you are considering including in your body paragraphs.
- Copy excerpts from the passage and paste them into the appropriate category.
The Writing Area
- First, we save a copy of your current draft to the bottom of the page.
- Next, the system analyzes your writing and gives you specific recommendations for how to improve your writing in the three areas scored on the SAT essay: Reading, Analysis, and Writing.